Monday, July 26, 2010

Chuck

I read almost all of Chuck Klosterman's Sex, Drugs and Coco Puffs on my two flights home yesterday. Reading this book in a single sitting is not an indication that it was good, or even above average. I guess Klosterman is known for writing frustrating books, and this is a frustrating book, frustrating because Klosterman is so delusional about his intellect that it is simply frustrating that you cannot smack him on the head. At least he acknowledges his sophistry - but even that isn't satisfying because he snaps back into his delusions immediately. This man is an idiot, and he shouldn't write the word mathematics, never-mind make philosophical commentary on the state of probability theory; he understand that outcomes can be binary, but he doesn't understand probability. Waste of money, or maybe I am ten years too young to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment