Monday, January 24, 2011

More on life

At this point, to the best of my ability, I have removed any external access to this blog. It can therefore serve more as a journal and hopefully it will be less subject to an intrinsic signalling filter. Maybe something a little more honest will come out. I'm not sure about the degree of honesty (with respect to what I was actually thinking) of my blog posts historically.

I'm writing again for a few reasons.
One - probably the most beautiful girl I know asked me the other day "...are you still writing," I was not.
Two - I need practise.
Three - I'm enrolled in three applied econometrics courses for which there is a final paper; It's been an infrequent endeavour since this past summer.
Four - I hate the idea of being tied down and I'm too shitty at writing code to every make a mobile living with that, I guess that implies I think I'm good enough at writing. It's true, I guess. Hubris, thy name is...
Five - Writing is easier than studying financial derivatives or econometrics.
Six- I'm really impressed at how far consistency will get you: try doing something for 15 minutes a day - always surprising.

Wow, I could go on. Clearly I should have been doing this for some time now.

On to 'metrics.

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment